3 Ways to See A Plastic Ocean
Want to bring a screening of A Plastic Ocean to your community?
We would love to work with you to plan one!
These screenings are a great way to educate and inspire your community, colleagues, school and friends. It is easy to do and we can provide materials and suggestions for how to promote it.
U.S. and Canada Theatrical Screenings only
We’ve recently partnered with a new U.S./Canada screening service called TUGG to bring the film to your local cinema. This means you do not have to pay the upfront license fee!
How does TUGG work?
- First, notify TUGG of your interest in a screening and they will contact a movie theater in your area.
- The theater will determine a minimum number of tickets that it needs to sell in order to hold the screening. They will also suggest dates and times that work for the theater.
- Share the information with your network of clients, friends, colleagues and any organization members.
- If enough people commit to the event to meet the minimum, the screening will be set.
- No one will be charged unless the minimum number is reached.
- With this option, fundraising for a group or organization is limited, as the theater will keep any proceeds. However, TUGG does allow for donations to be made upon purchase of tickets.
- If you are outside of the United States or cannot find a theater near you, consider option 2.
Non-Theatrical & Community Screenings
In order to host a public screening, you will need to obtain a screening license—this supports the ongoing work of the filmmakers and also complies with US Copyright Law.
- Screening licenses for the film are available for $350 USD for 1 DVD screening ($400 USD for 1 BluRay screening), plus shipping fees.
- Screenings can be held in a variety of settings, at a local venue, conference or even at home.
- Screenings can be also be used as fundraisers for a non-profit organization or business devoted to reducing plastic pollution, environmental protection or similar causes.
- We encourage groups to set the ticket price and help generate revenue for your cause.
- With the screening license, you will receive a screener DVD, plus access to our promotional materials.
- We will post the screening information to our schedule on the website & Facebook page, and let our Facebook followers know about it.
For Educational uses
In order to host an educational screening (being shown in an academic setting of either a classroom or on a school campus), please complete our request form.